Vasculitis-Building Outcomes, Leading Discoveries (V-BOLD)
Today, the mission of the Vasculitis Foundation (VF) still rings true. “Building upon the collective strength of the vasculitis community, the Foundation supports, inspires, and empowers individuals with vasculitis and their families through a wide range of education, research, clinical, and awareness initiatives.”
Vasculitis-Building Outcomes, Leading Discoveries (V-BOLD) is one such initiative that builds on that collective strength as it combines three programs within the scope of VF support: Fellowships, Vasculitis Centers, and Research.
To learn about The Vasculitis Clinical Research Consortium (VCRC)-VF Fellowship Program, the development of vasculitis centers, and the Vasculitis Patient-Powered Research Network (VPPRN), please scroll down to watch the webinars.
Recorded: November 30, 2021 | 7 p.m. Eastern
Dedicated vasculitis centers are essential in the patient journey from diagnosis to treatment to remission, with the potential for cures.
Goals of the Vasculitis Centers
- to provide patients with vasculitis the proper diagnosis and treatment options that are tailored to each patient’s specific needs.
- to meet the critical need to be proactive in treating and managing vasculitis, since early treatment may lead to a more positive outcome.
Vasculitis Centers Background
Disease Diagnosis and Management is Critical
It is only through accurate disease diagnosis and treatment that better health outcomes are achieved for patients with vasculitis. Vasculitis centers are dedicated to improving the lives of people with vasculitis through disease management, research, and education.
Vasculitis centers provide comprehensive, high-quality, and compassionate care to patients with vasculitis. In addition, they have the capacity to advance our understanding of vasculitis through research. With experts in the management and study of the disease, vasculitis centers are at the forefront of specialty care and clinical research, while treating all types of vasculitis.
Vasculitis Patient-Powered Research Network (VPPRN) Webinar
Recorded: October 26, 2021 | 7 p.m. Eastern
The VPPRN is the result of more than 10 years of productive collaboration among patients, patient advocacy organizations, clinical physicians and investigators, biomedical informaticians, qualitative and quantitative methodologists, and funding organizations. Dedicated to conducting high-quality clinical research in vasculitis, our aim is to address key, scientific and clinical issues important for both patients and their physicians.
Vasculitis Clinical Research Consortium-Vasculitis Foundation (VCRC-VF) Fellowship Program Webinar
Recorded: September 28, 2021 | 7 p.m. Eastern
The VCRC-VF Fellowship is a mentored training program of up to two years for physician-investigators who have a strong interest in vasculitis and wish to pursue a period of specialized training with an emphasis on clinical and/or translational patient-oriented research.
Each of these programs stands on its own individually; however, the three are truly connected through the V-BOLD Initiative:
- The VCRC-VF Fellowship Program provides training to physicians in vasculitis, helping to build a pipeline of expertise to treat patients in a broader geographical area. In turn, VCRC-VF fellows tap into the VPPRN for research projects.
- Vasculitis clinics give medical residents and fellows the opportunity to learn how to care for vasculitis patients.
- Patients treated at vasculitis clinics participate in research through the VPPRN, which collects data from patient-reported outcomes tobetter understand vasculitis, and learn how to combat these diseases.
What do patients with vasculitis need?
- Healthcare professionals who understand how to care for a patient with vasculitis
- Access to medical centers that specialize in vasculitis
- More research into vasculitis that incorporates the patient perspective
If you’d like a copy of the V-BOLD program PDF to save or distribute, please click here.