MGH Vasculitis Program and Vasculitis Foundation Event
for Patients, Friends, and Family
Saturday, March 18, 2023
9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (Lunch included)
Mass General Brigham
Markell Conference Room, 399 Revolution Drive, Somerville, MA 02145 (free parking onsite)
Schedule, Topics and Speakers (preliminary)
|Time (EDT)||Session Title/Presenter|
|9:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.||Welcome
Breakfast available, welcome, overview of our program
Zachary Wallace, M.D., Massachusetts General Hospital
|9:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.||Giant Cell Arteritis: Current treatments and future directions
Sebastian Unizony, M.D., Massachusetts General Hospital
|10:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.||Steroid toxicity: What it is, how it is measured, and what can be done to prevent it
Eli Miloslavsky, M.D., Massachusetts General Hospital
|10:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.||How to manage the risk of COVID-19 when immunosuppressed
Camille Cotton, M.D., Massachusetts General Hospital
|11:00 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.||Morning Break|
|11:15 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.||Approaches to managing sleep, pain, fatigue, and uncertainty in chronic conditions
Daniel Hall, M.D., Massachusetts General Hospital
|11:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.||Preventing progressive chronic kidney disease in patients with vasculitis
John Niles, M.D., Massachusetts General Hospital
|12:15 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.||Afternoon Break|
|12:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.||Vasculitis Patient-Powered Research Network (VPPRN)
Jenn Gordon, Ph.D., Co-Principal Investigator, VPPRN
|1:00 p.m. – 1:15 p.m.||Introducing Victory Over Vasculitis (VOV)
Stacey Ivits, MSW, RSW, VOV Ambassador
|1:15 p.m. – 1:45 p.m.||LUNCH and Lecture
Managing Infection, Managing Kidney Disease, Current and Future Treatments, Managing Mental Health)
|1:45 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.||Concluding Remarks|
Important Things to Remember:
1. This conference is in-person ONLY; we will not be recording the sessions and there will be no virtual component.
2. Registration is free!
3. Pre-registration is required for this conference.
4. All speakers and attendees will be required to wear masks (correctly) at each conference venue. And, yes, we will be repeating this quite often.
5. Social distancing will be encouraged and registration #s will be limited for each venue to ensure this is possible.
Transportation options /Parking:
- Driving to MassGeneral Brigham. There are many garages at Assembly Row, but the best place to park would be in the Partners Garage or Foley Street Garage, directly next to The Row Hotel. Parking at Assembly Row is free for up to 3 hours and then $2.00 for 4 hrs. You can visit the link below for any questions.
MBTA Orange Line- Assembly T stop MBTA Orange line services