The Assessment of Prednisone in Remission (TAPIR) Trial has recently expanded its eligibility criteria to enroll patients that have recently taken or are currently taking Rituximab.
What we are studying:
The TAPIR trial is a clinical trial for patients who have granulomatosis with polyangiitis (GPA, also known as Wegener’s granulomatosis) in remission-individuals who had a reduced number of symptoms or no change in GPA symptoms.
Is it more beneficial for patients who have granulomatosis with polyangiitis to maintain low-dose prednisone intake during remission versus eliminating prednisone intake altogether?
TAPIR aims to find the answer to this question and ultimately establish the most favorable treatment option for patients with GPA in remission.
You can participate in the TAPIR Trial if …
1. You have been diagnosed with granulomatosis with polyangiitis (GPA, also known as Wegener’s granulomatosis) 2. You have needed to take 20 mg or more of prednisone each day at some point in the last 12 months
3. Your current prednisone dose is between 5-20 mg/day
4. You are at least 18 years of age
5. Your treating physician is based in the United States or you can travel to a VCRC Clinical Center
*Other conditions may apply
How to join the TAPIR trial:
1. You can participate from the privacy of your own home.
2. You do not have to be seen at a participating medical center to enroll in this study. You can join online and continue to see your own doctor. If you already receive your care from a participating VCRC clinical center, you can talk to your doctor about participating in TAPIR.