The Vasculitis Foundation encourages patients with vasculitis to participate in research when possible. Some studies are clinically based, others are being conducted by marketing research companies to help industry better understand disease activity.
A complete list of research studies can be found at ClinicalTrials.gov. Once you are on the page, please enter “vasculitis” in the search box or your own individual form of vasculitis for studies specifically targeted towards patients like you.
Posted: July 31, 2019
Want to make it easier for people with GCA to treat themselves on a daily basis?
Description: You are invited to participate in a one-time, paid usability evaluation to help guide manufacturers in the design of safer and easier-to-use medical devices.
Who can participate? Individuals with moderate to severe GPA who are capable of self-administering medication
Location/Dates: San Francisco/Bay Area or in your city. If you are interested in the study, but don’t live in the Bay Area, please reach out to us and we can see if we can arrange for you to participate in the study. This could involve having you fly to the Bay Area or having us fly to you.
Length of the evaluation sessions: You will be eligible to participate in either a 90-minute (90-minute evaluation of the device) or 3-hour session (30-minute training, 1-hour break, 90-minute evaluation of the device).
$250 by participating in a 90-minute one-time usability evaluation session
$500 by participating in a 3-hour one-time usability evaluation session
What happens during a usability evaluation?
– During the one-on-one evaluation, you will be asked to simulate using the medical device and provide some feedback about your experience. We are not evaluating your skills, just how safe and easy to use a medical device is.
– UserWise does not conduct clinical trials. You will not use medical products on yourself or others, or take medicine, as part of our evaluations.
Contact: If you have any questions or you are interested in participating, please email us at [email protected] or call 650-701-7746.
Visit us at www.facebook.com/UserWiseRecruitment or www.userwiseconsulting.com
To evaluate the efficacy of sarilumab in patients with giant cell arteritis (GCA) as assessed by the proportion of patients with sustained remission for sarilumab compared to placebo, in combination with a corticosteroid (CS) tapering course.
To demonstrate the efficacy of sarilumab in patients with GCA compared to placebo, in combination with CS taper with regards to:
- Clinical responses (such as responses based on disease remission rates, time to first disease flare) over time.
- Cumulative CS (including prednisone) exposure.
- To assess the safety (including immunogenicity) and tolerability of sarilumab in patients with GCA.
- To measure sarilumab serum concentrations in patients with GCA.
- To assess the effect of sarilumab on sparing glucocorticoid toxicity as measured by glucocorticoid toxicity index (GTI).
Click here to learn more about the study.
To evaluate the efficacy of KEVZARA (sarilumab) in patients with polymyalgia rheumatica (PMR) as assessed by the proportion of subjects with sustained remission for sarilumab with a shorter corticosteroid (CS) tapering regimen as compared to placebo with a longer CS tapering regimen.
- To demonstrate the efficacy of sarilumab in patients with polymyalgia rheumatica compared to placebo, in combination with a CS taper with regards to:
- Clinical responses (such as components of sustained remission, disease remission rates, time to first disease flare) over time.
- Cumulative CS (including prednisone) exposure.
- To assess the safety (including immunogenicity) and tolerability of sarilumab in patients with PMR.
- To measure sarilumab serum concentrations in patients with PMR.
- To assess the effect of sarilumab in reducing glucocorticoid toxicity as measured by the composite glucocorticoid toxicity index (GTI) questionnaire.Click here to learn more about this study.
Updated May 3, 2019
Abatacept for the Treatment of Relapsing, Non-Severe, Granulomatosis With Polyangiitis (Wegener’s)
Multi-center, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial to evaluate the efficacy of abatacept to achieve sustained glucocorticoid-free remission in patients with relapsing non-severe GPA. Patients who enter the trial will be maintained on a stable dose of their maintenance immunosuppressive agent which may include methotrexate (MTX), azathioprine (AZA), or mycophenolate (MA) and will undergo a blinded randomization to receive abatacept or placebo. Patients will additionally receive prednisone 30 mg daily that will then be tapered to zero using a standardized tapering schedule.
Please click here for more information on ABROGATE.
Posted July 31, 2019
Purpose and sponsor
This focus group study is sponsored by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to better understand patient’s experiences, thoughts, and opinions about a specific type of medicine.
This is a consumer study, NOT a clinical trial. We are seeking participants to share their thoughts and feelings about biologic medications in a focus group setting.
A focus group is a small group discussion used for research purposes by almost all industries and manufacturers in order to gain insight to their products or services. Many focus groups are conducted in person in a round-table format, but this group will be held online through screen-sharing and webcam video so we can include participants from all around the country. Each 90-minute group will be led by a qualified researcher and will include 6-10 participants. Those that qualify and participate in a session will receive an honorarium of $75 for their time.
Will my information be confidential?
The confidential nature of your information is of utmost importance to us. The study sponsors will only able to view your first name and last initial and your information will never be shared with third parties. Any information you share during the focus group AND in the online questionnaire will not be associated with you personally and will only be reported in aggregate with the results of the study.
Our purpose is collecting consumer opinions and we will NEVER attempt to sell you anything. We are a non-partisan, unaffiliated, independent research firm and follow best practices in accordance with the Insights Association and the Association for Public Opinion Research.
Please visit Biologic Medications Study to learn more and see if you are qualified to participate.