2018 International Conference on Large Vessel Vasculitis and Related Disorders
Mayo Clinic Rochester, Minnesota
March 15-17, 2018
The 2018 International Conference on Large Vessel Vasculitis and Related Disorders is an intensive course to examine and review current knowledge about the biology and management of large vessel vasculitis. The course draws together international experts in the fields of basic science, epidemiology, imaging and treatment of major forms of large vessel inflammatory diseases including giant cell arteritis, Takayasu arteritis, IgG4 related disease and others. State of the art management and current research into large vessel vasculitis will be presented at this scientific meeting. Participants are encouraged to submit abstracts now – December 15, 2017. Additional information about abstract submission below.
Full Fee: M.D., D.O., PhD.: $399.00
Reduced Fee: NP, PA, RN, Allied Health Professional, Retiree: $349.00
Additional Information Exhibit Opportunities
This course offers the unique opportunity for commercial companies to interact with health care providers and highlight their products and services. If you are interested in exhibit space during this course, please contact Cathy Schilling.
Abstract Submission (PDF)
Internists, rheumatologists, radiologists, vascular medicine specialists, other physicians and providers as well as scientists who are engaged in research into the biology of large vessel vasculitis and involved in the care of patients with these diseases.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Describe the natural history of large vessel vasculitis and the associated morbidities related to aneurysms, stenosis and treatment related comorbidities.
- Select and apply appropriate imaging technologies for the initial and follow up evaluation of vascular integrity in patients with large vessel vasculitis.
- Select and use glucocorticoid and novel glucocorticoid sparing agents for management of large vessel vasculitis.
- Recognize indications for surgical vascular interventions in large vessel vasculitis.
- Summarize recent developments in the pathobiology of large vessel vasculitis.
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.