PLEASE join our vasculitis community around the world in raising awareness of vasculitis and the Vasculitis Foundation.
We believe everyone should know about vasculitis! Vasculitis Awareness is a grassroots effort – characterized by activities and events that raise awareness all over the world.
Support Vasculitis Awareness!
- Launch an awareness campaign on social media. Download one of our 2013 awareness posters and distribute via social media and email to your family, friends and co-workers: 2013 VF Awareness Poster or 2013 Vasculitis Awareness 5 Things to Know and Share Poster
- “Like” the VF Facebook page
- Distribute VF brochures to your physicians’ offices, pharmacies, hospitals, schools and libraries. Download the brochures for the individual diseases.
- Contact your local media (radio and TV) and ask to be interviewed about vasculitis. Explain how it is not so rare as rarely diagnosed, describe symptoms, and explain about the importance of research being conducted to discover the cause(s) of vasculitis.
- Contact your local civic clubs, churches, synagogues or temples and offer to speak to their members about your experience with vasculitis.
- Click here to download a Vasculitis Awareness Month press release.
- Coordinate a VF informational display at a health fair, festival, store, or school.
- Ask your local government to declare a Proclamation for Vasculitis Awareness Month.
- Send a letter to your governmental representatives asking them to support more government funding of vasculitis research at the National Institutes of Health. Visit your Congressional representatives when they are visiting their home districts.
- Coordinate a fundraising event, i.e. golf tournament, walk, dinner party, garage sale, special occasion gift party, etc.
Change your Facebook Profile Picture during the month of May to show support! Click here to download a .jpg of the artwork.
Living Vasculitis Extraordinary!
PLEASE submit a fun, uplifting beautiful candid photo from a day during May when you are doing something ordinary or extraordinary! Please provide three upbeat inspirational sentences about all the “living” that goes along with having vasculitis.
In 100 words or less, please answer the following question: What does living with vasculitis mean for you? Responses will be posted on the VF website and social media and shared in the newsletter. We want to hear from everyone in our vasculitis community.
The pictures, profiles and stories will be posted to the VF website and social media. Submit your stories via email or by mail: Vasculitis Foundation, PO Box 28660, Kansas City, MO 64188-8660.